Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Stick Burners.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Backyard** - Cheyenne, Wichita, Loaded Wichita, Kingman, Durango 20", Durango 24", Stockton
**Trailer Mounted** - Santa Fe, Chisholm, Frontiersman
**Competition** - Cimarron, Kingman, Frontiersman
**Custom Trailers, Combinations and Competition Cookers**
October 11th, 2017, 4:56 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Joe,

Thanks for starting to engage with your customer more online. I appreciate it. I am sure other customers do too.

I am glad to hear that new pits have been improved, and that a damper to retro-fit old pits has been developed. Many of us are interested in further details on a timeline for when this retro-fit damper will be made available to existing users, and how we can go about having it sent to us.

With regard to the videos that you mention that you will develop next week this sounds great. Could you please consider that the existing ATBBQ videos in many cases are shot in a way that you would do a professional cooking show - zoomed in, with smooth transitions and considerable editing. Could you please consider doing something very different for next weeks videos. What would be far more useful for us as your customers is to have as little editing as possible, with a wide angle visible in the footage.

For example, post 3 videos of 1 hour each with the Heat Management Plate installed. (Keep the video recording constantly for each without stopping and cutting to a new scene, with the video camera sitting on a tripod at an appropriate angle to simultaneously show the smoke coming out of the top of the stack, and the entire firebox door so the door/door damper setting and the resulting smoke quality can be seen).

Video 1: Old original pit video :

1. Video starts - The fire isn't lit yet.
2. Show the stack damper position, the Firebox door position (closed/open etc...) and the firebox damper setting. Show the fire being lit.
3. Every 10 minutes for the 1 hour video take the camera up to the firebox and open the top door to show the logs burning cleanly, show the temperature gauge, and then return to the wide angle again which simultaneously shows the firebox door and the stack.

Video 2: Standard Cooker with new retrofit damper video:

2. Show the stack damper position, the Firebox door position (closed/open etc...) and the firebox damper setting. Show the fire being lit.
3. Every 10 minutes for the 1 hour video take the camera up to the firebox and open the top door to show the logs burning cleanly, show the temperature gauge, and then return to the wide angle again which simultaneously shows the firebox door and the stack.

Video 3: New door setup video:

October 11th, 2017, 9:33 am
ModeratorModerator

Sorry for not engaging more, I should never be too busy to give advice or answer questions. We have a great team that has done a really good job.
Thanks for the feedback on the video.
That is similar to what I had in mind. It will be shot by our in house video guy so the quality will be good but we will minimize the editing for sure. The idea is to educate so we will keep it pretty technical and informative

October 11th, 2017, 4:36 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I removed the HMP and as of this minute the temps are high and very adjustable via the dampers or the firebox door itself. Running at 350 but I did add add a bag of royal oak lump I got at home depot so my error but I am stoked that the heat is up!!!!

October 27th, 2017, 3:21 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hi Joe, just curious on a timeline for the technical/informative video that we discussed above?

November 6th, 2017, 9:17 pm
Site AdminSite Admin
Previous

Return to Stick Burners