Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Stick Burners.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Backyard** - Cheyenne, Wichita, Loaded Wichita, Kingman, Durango 20", Durango 24", Stockton
**Trailer Mounted** - Santa Fe, Chisholm, Frontiersman
**Competition** - Cimarron, Kingman, Frontiersman
**Custom Trailers, Combinations and Competition Cookers**
December 10th, 2015, 9:52 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I have just received a loaded Wichata with the temp probe port. What is a good probe to use and where is a good place to buy one?
Thanks
Old Hickory

December 10th, 2015, 11:24 pm
* Durnago ** Durnago *

I like the Maverick probes. I have the ET-732, but they have come out with a couple new models since.

http://www.atbbq.com/nsearch/?q=Maverick+

December 11th, 2015, 3:14 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Yea, the 732 has treated me well. With any of these probe devices except the really high end ones like Fluke etc, you have to take care to not bend the wires and do NOT get them wet. I do clean the ends carefully with a damp scrub pad, just damp. No reason to clean the wires.

Not a bad Idea to get a spare set of probes, they are longer too, 6'. Each probe has the same capabilities. The meat one is just bent nicely and sharp to go into the meat. When I was learning, I used each one to monitor temp variations, didn't need two of the pit temp probes, the meat probe monitored just fine. Hehe, don't get them confused like I did, I couldn't figure out why my temps swapped sides.

Kirby is right, there are others. Give a google search, some are neat and purty and have blue tooth etc.

December 11th, 2015, 10:35 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks for the guidance on the probe. Look forward to researching the link and giving this smoker a try.

Return to Stick Burners