Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Stick Burners.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Backyard** - Cheyenne, Wichita, Loaded Wichita, Kingman, Durango 20", Durango 24", Stockton
**Trailer Mounted** - Santa Fe, Chisholm, Frontiersman
**Competition** - Cimarron, Kingman, Frontiersman
**Custom Trailers, Combinations and Competition Cookers**
June 23rd, 2015, 8:31 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

This is my first post on this forum. I am looking at the Durango 24. Does anyone know if I can maintain 225-250 degrees in both the horizontal and verticle chambers at the same time.
Mayor Bill

Everything I need to know I learned on my second day.
Mayor Bill
June 23rd, 2015, 9:55 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

You will normally see a 75 degree difference between the main chamber and the upright chamber.

I'm sure that the Durango owners will chime in and give you some more specifics when they see your post.

Yoder_Herb
June 24th, 2015, 2:29 am
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Hi Plano Mayor - Welcome from the PNW.

Like Yoder_Herb said, there is always going to be a differential. 75 - 100 degrees depending on the size of your fire, wind, etc. I generally run around 270 in the horizontal and the vertical hovers around 200.

If you let us know what you are planning, we may be able to give you some additional detail or insight. I love the Durango's flexibility and the 24 has plenty of space.

Durango 24
June 24th, 2015, 8:11 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks for your responses. I was asked to do 200 pounds of tips for a picnic, and would like to do it in one cook. Could probably move the tips around between chambers. Gonna take a little practice.

Everything I need to know I learned on my second day.
Mayor Bill
June 24th, 2015, 4:26 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Ah. Ok. That's a lot of tips.

You could consider using raised racks to increase your shelf space.

I assume you are you are looking to avoid reheating. If your recipe will work with higher heat, look to cook in the horizontal section at the higher heat so your vertical section will get to your minimum cooking temp. The horizontal section will cook faster obviously, but that could work to your advantage in having 2 different finishing times. Or swap your product at that time using the vertical as a warmer while the rest finish.

When I have done tips, they were very forgiving as far as hold times.

Good luck and let us know how you work it out.

Durango 24

Return to Stick Burners