Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Stick Burners.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Backyard** - Cheyenne, Wichita, Loaded Wichita, Kingman, Durango 20", Durango 24", Stockton
**Trailer Mounted** - Santa Fe, Chisholm, Frontiersman
**Competition** - Cimarron, Kingman, Frontiersman
**Custom Trailers, Combinations and Competition Cookers**
June 15th, 2015, 11:16 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I am starting to smoke with my brand new Cheyenne and am so happy with it.

I had a temp probe port installed on the side of the smoker when I ordered it. It turns out that the thermometer that I own is too big for the smoker port.

Does anyone have suggestions on which BBQ temp thermometer probe they like to use? Because I live in Illinois, the weather can be a little rough (wind, snow, cold, etc.) so I'd like a wireless one if possible. But if they don't work well, I'll stick with the tried and true. I plan on using the Cheyenne year round.

Thanks!

June 15th, 2015, 11:34 am
Site AdminSite Admin

If you are saying that the temperature probe that you are attempting to put through the Yoder probe port is too big to fit through, remove the cap on the probe port, and remove the plastic insert, then attempt to put the probe through. Don't loose the insert, as they are not available without buying a new probe port.

Yoder_Herb
February 1st, 2016, 4:11 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks Herb! I ended up getting a Weber wireless thermometer that fits thru my probe port. I'm not altogether that happy with the Weber but I'm glad it fits in the port as advertised.

Return to Stick Burners