Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Stick Burners.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Backyard** - Cheyenne, Wichita, Loaded Wichita, Kingman, Durango 20", Durango 24", Stockton
**Trailer Mounted** - Santa Fe, Chisholm, Frontiersman
**Competition** - Cimarron, Kingman, Frontiersman
**Custom Trailers, Combinations and Competition Cookers**
May 9th, 2015, 3:42 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Can anyone give me some tips for cleaning underneath the heat management plate on a Kingman Comp Cart??? Maybe this isn't even necessary, but I'm still wondering about it.

Also, I've got some rust on the lid of my firebox and in some other small spots on the firebox. If I don't care what it looks like, is it okay to leave it on there? Do I need to get it off there?

Thanks in advance.

May 10th, 2015, 12:37 am
Site AdminSite Admin

I use a Yoder ash tool for this. The round part of the tool works great for the bottom of the barrel, and the flat part works to scrape the bottom of the HMS. You could also use a smaller garden hoe to scrape the bottom of the HMS plate.

The rust is up to you. The better you maintain the cooker, the better it looks and longer it will last. I use a green scratch pad to remove the rust and clean up any bad areas, and then use Yoder spray paint to make it look like new again. You can use any high temperature flat black stove paint if you don't want to purchase the Yoder paint.

Yoder_Herb

Return to Stick Burners