Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Stick Burners.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Backyard** - Cheyenne, Wichita, Loaded Wichita, Kingman, Durango 20", Durango 24", Stockton
**Trailer Mounted** - Santa Fe, Chisholm, Frontiersman
**Competition** - Cimarron, Kingman, Frontiersman
**Custom Trailers, Combinations and Competition Cookers**
March 15th, 2015, 10:23 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

What would the reasoning be for "welding in or not" the HMP on a Kingman ? Is there a perceived advantage one way or another. Just asking as I want as much information to make an informed decision when purchasing at some point. I guess it doesn't even have to be about this model in particular but better if it is.

Would there ever be a reason to remove the HMP. Does it seal better when welded in thus more temp control? Could you ever see a reason to take out HPM and use the smoker without it ?.......well I guess there would if you're gonna use it as a BIG grill. I guess I'm thinking out loud now. :oops:

Your responses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

March 15th, 2015, 11:28 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

yes,,,
you can slide it over a lil smidgen an have a dandy hot spot for searing and crisping...

you can slide it a lil more an have a hot side and a considerably less hot side...
seems to me some models can be made to have an adjustable HMP as an option...

mine is not welded,,, and I myself don't think would want it welded...

YODER-FI

~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~
March 15th, 2015, 2:17 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

The standard heat managemnt plate is removable for several reason, the first would be in the event you wanted to add a charcoal grate and direct grill. The second reason would be cooking without it installed, there is a predicable 100 degree temperature difference from right to left.

The weld in HMP is an option that will give better heat control in smoking temperatures. There is a sliding horizontal door on the right hand side to help control temerature zones.
If you intended for this to be your dedicated smoker, I would recommend the weld in version.

March 15th, 2015, 3:43 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thumperrrr/Yoder Joe.......thanks for the reply.

Yoder Joe.....Correct me if I'm wrong. I thought the HMP lever/sliding door was not an option anymore on the Kingman. . Is it maybe not standard but still an option? Interesting.

Return to Stick Burners