Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Stick Burners.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Backyard** - Cheyenne, Wichita, Loaded Wichita, Kingman, Durango 20", Durango 24", Stockton
**Trailer Mounted** - Santa Fe, Chisholm, Frontiersman
**Competition** - Cimarron, Kingman, Frontiersman
**Custom Trailers, Combinations and Competition Cookers**
March 1st, 2015, 6:49 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I think I'm going to buy a Cheyenne... I wanted a Loaded Wichita but just too many $$. How many racks of St. Louis ribs can you smoke on a Cheyenne? What size turkey can you smoke on a Cheyenne. . Has anyone added a second shelf. Has any one added a hitch so you can move it with a small tractor in and out of storage to smoking area......

March 2nd, 2015, 3:09 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Here's a cook from last year on my old cheyenne

think it's about a 10 - 12 lb turkey....

Here's a pretty good pic that will show you cooking space..

8 lb pork butt, 5 lb brisket flat and a rack of spare ribs

March 3rd, 2015, 12:12 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I am pretty much in the same boat. On AllThingsBBQ they list a second shelf as an option. Is it even worth it? or is it a little too small for that?

March 3rd, 2015, 12:40 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I guess for ribs you could use the second shelf, but I would think with pork butt and full briskets you have to take the second shelf out?

I never tried, but you could also use rib racks and be able to cook alot more at once then laying them flat like normal.

March 15th, 2015, 12:37 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Just my 2 cents, I went the same route last year after meeting the Yoder crew at the New Mexico Firey Foods and BBQ show. I ordered the Cheyenne shortly after that. Its a great backyard smoker. And the crowds I cooked for then were small enough for it to be a perfect fit. It elevated what I put on the table so much my last gathering had about 40 people at it and it made for some fancy footwork to get everything cooked. So that being said I ran into the wonderful people from Yoder again this year and am debating on which model to order next. The Cheyenne stays but is going to get a big brother here soon.

March 19th, 2015, 8:13 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Well, my 2 cents, I looked at buying the Cheyenne as well, decideded to save up a little more and ordered the Wichita Loaded. Got it two weeks ago, and made two 9 pound pork butts and 4 racks of ribs the day after we seasoned her up. Best pulled pork and ribs we have ever had. Smoked fish the next day, low and slow. Awesome temp control. Following weekend, made two 8 pound pork butts, 7 pound picnic, and smoked jalapeño poppers. Again, turned out great. I think I would go to the Wichita, but you can't go wrong if it says "Yoder" on the Badge! Good luck with a very tough decision!

Return to Stick Burners