Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Stick Burners.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Backyard** - Cheyenne, Wichita, Loaded Wichita, Kingman, Durango 20", Durango 24", Stockton
**Trailer Mounted** - Santa Fe, Chisholm, Frontiersman
**Competition** - Cimarron, Kingman, Frontiersman
**Custom Trailers, Combinations and Competition Cookers**
December 10th, 2019, 11:43 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I have had a Kingman for a few years now.. love it - love it. .its a beast and makes the best Q ever.. I can run the fire no issues and again it produces some amazing Q.. I was curious has anyone tried removing the fire grate and running your fire on the bottom of the firebox? I notice all the big propane type of offsets do it this way.. but I would imagine you need a much larger fire to get and keeps temps on those kind of smokers and using the grate in the Kingman lets you keep temps and is much more efficient in terms of management and size of fire. The only reason I'm asking it during the holidays I always smoke up a few nice big prime rib roasts. At the end of the cook I like to give the outside a good fire sear - so I add the cooking grate about the fire grate but its so very tight the grate usually hits any spits that are still in there.. So was curious if anyone has cooked directly on the bottom of the fire box before.. my guess is what I'l do is jump dump the coals / splits to the bottom of the fire box when I want to sear and put the grate in .. but was just curious to anyone eases experience..

Thanks..

Return to Stick Burners