Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Stick Burners.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Backyard** - Cheyenne, Wichita, Loaded Wichita, Kingman, Durango 20", Durango 24", Stockton
**Trailer Mounted** - Santa Fe, Chisholm, Frontiersman
**Competition** - Cimarron, Kingman, Frontiersman
**Custom Trailers, Combinations and Competition Cookers**
August 5th, 2016, 1:41 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Give Joey a call at 877.409.6337, option 2 and he will get you fixed up.

Yoder_Herb
August 9th, 2016, 9:24 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Hehe. Classic. Got a guy who makes/fixes stuff. Company just tells him to make a "Dooflicky" and he does.

If he leaves or layed off.......... That's why USA companies have issues. They won't pay for a new guy to absorb the knowledge before the "Dooflicky" guy retires etc.

August 9th, 2016, 9:31 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

slamkeys wrote:I called Joey and he said the heavy log grates were available for the Wichita but he didn't have any in stock. Do you know what the official product name or part number is for this part? Joey wouldn't let me order one directly so I have to try to describe this part to my local vendor, who has no idea what I'm talking about because the part is nowhere to be found online.

The reinforced burn grate for the Wichita is not something that we sell on a regular basis. Your dealer may contact their dealer representative at the company, and get the information required to order this item. If your dealer doesn't want to order the item for you, please contact us at 877.409.6337, option 2.

Yoder_Herb
August 9th, 2016, 9:55 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

We would need the specific order number to check on it. The dealer should inquire when they call the Company about the grate. We normally don't ship dealer orders directly to customers.

Yoder_Herb
October 4th, 2016, 9:12 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I'm curious how the charcoal basket is doing for you. I have an Abilene 20" that I grill and smoke on. The charcoal basket may be just the ticket for my indirect cooks. Let us know please...

October 5th, 2016, 8:05 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

We do not make a charcoal basket for the Abilene, sorry.

Yoder_Herb
October 6th, 2016, 7:43 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

one of my few complaints about the Kingman....does the log grate really need to be that heavy? I dread having to do a really good cleaning of the smoker because it means taking that thing out, which means pita.

That and I wish it had a slide out lower rack...when it's loaded up with meat, you have to slide out the upper rack to get to lower stuff.

Other than that, it's a beautiful piece of art!

October 7th, 2016, 8:18 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

You could build another one that is lighter with help from a friend that is a welder or pay out the nose to make one specific for your personal needs. Some folks need that and are willing to pay even more. f it must be lighter, you'll figure it out. I know, we all ain't 33 years old anymore.

Can't please everyone......

Return to Stick Burners