Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Stick Burners.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Backyard** - Cheyenne, Wichita, Loaded Wichita, Kingman, Durango 20", Durango 24", Stockton
**Trailer Mounted** - Santa Fe, Chisholm, Frontiersman
**Competition** - Cimarron, Kingman, Frontiersman
**Custom Trailers, Combinations and Competition Cookers**
August 24th, 2014, 8:54 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Rust on the firebox, how do you clean that up? I want to get it taking care of before it gets really bad.

August 25th, 2014, 12:42 am
Site AdminSite Admin

You need to rough it up and get rid of the rust spots, either with sandpaper or a coarse green scratch pad. Clean it well of all grease and oil, and spray it with a high temp silicone based stove paint. Yoder sells a spray can of the same paint that is on your cooker, or you can try a big box or hardware store for paint.

Yoder_Herb
August 25th, 2014, 7:53 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thank you Sir. Do you have a link to that website ?

August 25th, 2014, 8:03 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

To purchase paint from Yoder Smokers directly, call 877-409-6337.

Yoder_Herb
January 13th, 2015, 11:49 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Once you brush off the obvious rust, and make the area smooth, cover the exterior and the interior with peanut oil. Bring the fire up to 350 degrees for a couple of hours and you will have a nice clean black surface that is baked on and last a year at a time. I pour the peanut oil in a little bowl and use a sponge that I discard afterwards to coat the surfaces. It works.I do this every Spring when the weather warms up.

If you have to, use a power washer and blow the rust and grease out of there every year. Then perform the peanut oil process.

Return to Stick Burners