Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Charcoal grills.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Charcoal Grills** Abilene 16",Abilene 20"
May 13th, 2017, 2:47 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Just curious- can a small pig be cooked successfully on a Yoder grill? I've only seen pigs cooked on a home made cinderblock and perforated sheet metal contraption, and I have no idea whether the amount of drippings from the pig (or from the mop) will create a cooking or cleanup nightmare. My other question is if charcoal can be added to the grill from underneath the cooking surface, or would I have to pull the grate and the pig to add coal? I have access to some heritage hogs and a good butcher, and I am excited to experiment with a pig. But first I need to find something suitable to cook it on. As an aside, I have a loaded Wichita. Has anyone smoked a pig on one of those? Thanks in advance, Jimmy

May 13th, 2017, 10:41 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Smaller pigs can be cooked on the Yoder(s), but there are size constraints.

Not sure which grill that you are asking about, but if you have an idea, we can make it happen. Call 877.409.6337, ext 1 to discuss.

Here is a chart with approximate pig sizes to figure if a particular size pig will fit on a specific grill. You will also need to decide on the position, head on, head off, legs on, legs off, etc.

pig dimensions.jpg

Yoder_Herb

Return to Charcoal Grills