Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Charcoal grills.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Charcoal Grills** Abilene 16",Abilene 20"
August 14th, 2019, 10:55 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hi all, I am new to smoking-in fact, I have not yet done it. I use my Weber One-Touch Gold and my Weber Genesis EP-320 quite often but now I want to experience the joy of smoked ribs and brisket without having to go to a restaurant. So my question is this. Which way should I go? I want to be able to smoke whenever I feel like it without having to be chained to the smoker all day but I also want true tasting BBQ. Is the electric smoker cheating? Opinions please and any experience would be greatly appreciated.

November 13th, 2019, 12:34 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hi Waniff,
I had the same question a few months ago. I wanted to buy an electric smoker as you do. It's a good idea, and there are a lot of good electric smokers. If you want to use your smoker only in your backyard, you can buy cheap and compact smoker. You can take a closer look at Weber, Char-Broil, Masterbuilt. All of these brands are popular and good in use. I chose Weber Smokey Mountain, it is not electrical, it's a charcoal one. I got used to it very fast, and now I'm very happy with it! When I was choosing smoker I found a review, I'll attach it here. There are most popular smokers are described and compared, with all pros and cons stuff. Also, you can read reviews from real buyers on Amazon. Go to the official sites, maybe you'll find smth interesting there. I hope it was useful! Good luck. Share your smoker here, when you buy=)

Return to Charcoal Grills